Worm Prison

I just blogged about enthusiastically setting up another worm bin and what happens?  When I checked on my worms this morning, several worms had inched their way up to the top of the bin in an attempt to escape.  The conditions in the bin must not be right.  I raised the bin so that the holes drilled into the sides of the bin would be exposed to allow more ventilation, but when I checked in on them later, they had tried to escape again.  I think it's probably too hot in the bin.


I decided to leave the lid off for the day and placed it under a chair on the lanai for shade.  I'm a little worried about coming home to a lanai full of fried worms that I'll have to scrape off the floor, but hopefully they know better than to escape.  Muahaha.  In one day I went from Worm Mama to Worm Prison Warden.


I certainly hope this is no indication of my human mothering abilities.

Comments

Popular Posts