It's A Girl!!!


My very first radish, that is.  She is so pretty that I've decided she must be a girl.

This was my first time growing radish, and it was sooo easy and so rewarding.  Pretty much all I did was plant the seed and water.  I actually transplanted her once from a container that had too much soggy soil into a different container, and the leaves just took off.  It was such a beautiful, healthy-looking plant.  Eventually, the radish started poking up out of the ground, and some of the leaves turned a little yellowish/brownish.  I decided I should dig it up then.  Also, I was partially just impatient to see what it looked like :P


We had to run off to work (what a chore!), so I left the radish on the kitchen counter to admire again when I got home from work.  But when I got home, the radish was soft and soggy.  I'm not sure if it's because I left the leaves on and they sucked up the water in the radish.  Whatever the reason, I was disappointed, but I think I'm learning as I'm going.  I plan to slice the radish up and pickle it, so hopefully it will regain its turgidity.

Comments

Popular Posts