Back to School (Yet Again)

Good news -- I got into Windward AgSchool Cohort 8!  I'm really excited to learn and use some creativity to figure out how to run a successful farm business.  I've got a long way to go, but I'm going to do everything I can do give myself the best chance for success.  I've got some time before AgSchool begins, so I'm using that time to relax a little, put together some preliminary goals, make major progress in several projects I'm working on for my full-time job, enjoy family and friends, and keep up the container gardening at home.

Here are some updates from the home garden:

Grew my first zucchini!  I think it had a calcium deficiency because the end was soft, but we ate it with pasta anyway!

Okinawan sweet potato doing well

I ran out of ginger and had to harvest some early.  It was so young that the flavor wasn't quite ginger-ey enough, but it was really exciting to not have to the store to buy ginger!

One morning, a bee visited and hung out for a while pollinating my Red Kuri Squash.  It still hasn't produced any fruit, though :(

The dryland taro from the Waimanalo farmers (AgXposure Day 1) is doing really well.  It now has three leaves (not shown in this picture).

One of the many new legumes I've planted as part of my crop rotation plan

Trying (again) to grow some carrots, radish, and beets.  So far, none of the beets lasted.  The radish are doing great, and the carrots are still alive and growing bigger, so hopefully that means I'll finally grow some carrots.

Comments

Popular Posts