Plants in the Ground!

Over at the farm, we finally finished bed prep and started sowing stuff in the ground.  That in itself was a challenge with 12 sets of people prepping and sowing at the same time, but I finally got my 52' done.

First, we raked our first bed, then made 2 furrows and measured out the row feet I needed for each plant.  Then, I installed 4 trellis posts into one of the furrows  (Note to self:  Don't wear your wedding ring when working on the farm) and started planting.  Next I made holes for drip adapters, attached drip line, and staked them down.  Lastly, I put up some flash tape to deter the birds.  We'll see if that actually works.

Bed 1 with 4 T-posts and 2 drip lines

I don't know yet whether my drip line was installed correctly.  Hopefully it's okay.

Comments

Popular Posts