The First Plague

Okay, I'm being overly dramatic.  Some of my kale, which was stepped up and hardening off in the greenhouse before planting in the field, was attacked by an imported cabbageworm or cabbage looper.  Not too much damage -- luckily Coach Jay seemed to kill off some of the pests and sprayed some organic Entrust with Spinosad.

A couple on the bottom look like they got eaten.  Looks like I won't get my 10 Toscano Kale plants.

I think there was a seedling here before...

The basil's lookin' really good.  So is that one really tall marigold, though it's curious why there's so much variation between the height of the two marigolds I planted at the same time.


Swiss Chard germination and growth are all over the board.  Hopefully those little guys make it.  I'm supposed to have 10 plants.

Comments

Popular Posts