AgSchool Graduation!


Wow, where did the time go?!  It's been an incredibly busy past couple months, both at my full-time job and in ag-related work.  Our AgSchool three-week CSA was over before we knew it, and today was graduation.  It's bittersweet but still unsettling to me because I've applied for AgPro, but I'm not 100% sure I can undertake this project during the legislative session.  I've loved my time in the GoFarm program, but it has also been pretty hectic every time I'm on the farm.  Maybe that's how it always is, or maybe it's just the reality of holding down a full-time job while farming on the side.  I didn't mind doing it these past few months, but doing that during session is a whole 'nother animal.  My idea to partner with one of my classmates didn't work out, so I'd be completely on my own, zipping over to Waimanalo and back all the time, reviewing bills and tech checks in the evening after some dawn patrol headlamp sessions on the farm, and possibly being cranky a lot of the time.  A part of me wants to just go for it, but another part of me just wants to take it easy.  Maybe this 1.5 month long break will be just what I need to get ready for the madness.

AgPro means kicking my brain into business mode -- How do I get customers?  How do I give them value?  How do I make sure I build a good reputation for my business?  All questions I don't quite have answers for.  Yet.  I'm excited thinking about it, though.  I've felt drawn to an entrepreneurial venture for a while now, and this is the first one I've actually acted upon because I love growing food (and flowers) for myself and others.  I really hope I can be successful at this, or least learn much more about how to be successful at it in the future!


Comments

Popular Posts