Deliveries/Pick-Ups

Some of you have already expressed interest in becoming CSA members, while some of you may still be considering joining this CSA. I want to raise the issue of deliveries/pick-ups so you all can consider this before deciding and submitting payment. I'd like to discuss the issue of deliveries/pick-ups for you to consider before making any payment.  
 
My plan is to harvest certain crops on Saturday afternoon/evenings (or Friday nights if necessary) and more fragile crops on Sunday morning, with the goal of getting most CSA bags to members on Sunday.  My farm plot is in Waimanalo, but I'll be driving back home to Makiki after farming, so I'm hoping to find a location or two along that route as drop sites where everyone can then pick up their bags.  If anyone's willing to be a drop site where members can pick up their bags, please let me know.  There’s also an option for a downtown Honolulu bag pick-up. 
 
Please let me know if you can suggest a specific delivery/pick-up site or another delivery/pick-up method.  I'd like to limit food miles traveled to really localize this effort, minimize fuel impacts, and make life less crazy for me, but I also see this hand-off as another opportunity to build community by getting to know all of you and share information.  If none of these delivery/pick-up options appeals to you, I don't mind referring you to an AgPro cohort mate who may be able to better serve your location.
 
Thanks again for your enthusiasm!

Comments

Popular Posts